Dr. Timothy FilleyAdjunct Professor
- 1997 PhD, Geosciences, Pennsylvania State University
1990 BS, Chemistry, Loyola University of Chicago
Molecular and stable isotope biogeochemistry of soils and sediments. Climate and land use change adaptation of terrestrial ecosystems. International research coordination. Reactivity of emerging pollutants in soil.
EAPS 109 The Dynamic Earth
EAPS 364 Natural Hazards: Science & Society
EAPS 518 Soil Biogeochemistry
Selected Professional Experience
- 2018 - present: Co-Director, The Arequipa Nexus Institute
- 2018 - present: Director, Purdue Discovery Park, Center for the Environment
- 2017: Interim Director, Purdue Discovery Park, Center for the Environment
- 2012 - 2016: Director, US-China EcoPartnership for Environmental Sustainability
- 2008 - 2009: National Program Chair, Division of Geochemistry, American Chemical Society
- 1997 - 2000: Postdoctoral Fellow, Geophysical Laboratory, Carnegie Institution of Washington
Selected Publications - Google Scholar Page for a complete list of publications
- Ma, Y., Szlavecz, K., McCormick, K., Filley, T.R. (2019) Controls on soil organic carbon stability and temperature sensitivity with increased aboveground litter input in deciduous forests at different forest ages. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 134, 90-99.
- Yan, Q. Le, PVV., Woo, D.K., Hou, T ., Filley, T.R. , Kumar, P. (2019) 3‐D Modeling of the Co‐evolution of Landscape and Soil Organic Carbon. Water Resources Research, 55, 1218-1241.
- Gibson, C ., Hatton P.J., Bird, J.A., Nadelhoffer, K.J., Le Moine, J., Filley, T.R. (2018) Tree taxa and pyrolysis temperature interact to control pyrogenic organic matter induced native soil organic carbon priming. Soil Biology and Biochemistry . 119, 174-183
- Berry, T.D., Filley, T.R., Clavijo, A.P., Bischoff, M., Turco, R.F. (2017) Degradation and Microbial Uptake of C60 Fullerols in Contrasting Agricultural Soils. Environmental Science & Technology 51, 1387-1394.