Dr. Cliff JohnstonProfessor
- 1983-1985 Postdoctoral Fellow at Los Alamos National Laboratory, Isotope and Nuclear Chemistry
- 1983 PhD, Soil Chemistry, University of California, Riverside
- 1979 BS, Chemistry, University of California, Riverside
Soil chemistry and mineralogy
EAPS 591/AGRY 598 Terrestrial Biogeochemistry (co-taught)
EAPS 113/NRES 290 Introduction to Environmental Science (co-taught)
AGRY 540 Soil Chemistry
Selected Professional Honors
- 2015 Named the Andrew Main 2015 Lecturer. University of Alberta, Canada.
- 2008 Awarded Fulbright Fellowship - Brazil
- 2006-7 Member of Editorial Board for Geochemical Transactions
- 2006-7 Member of the Executive Committee for Elements - An international magazine of mineralogy, geochemistry, and petrology
Selected Publications - Google Scholar Page for a complete list of publications
- Liu, C., Gu, C., Yu, K., Li, H., Teppen, B.J., Johnston, C.T. , Boyd, S.A., Zhou, D.M.. 2015. Integrating Structural and Thermodynamic Mechanisms for Sorption of PCBs by Montmorillonite. Environmental Science & Technology 49(5):2796-2805
- Ma, Y.N., Filley, T.R., Johnston, C.T. , Crow, S.E., Szlavecz, K., and McCormick, M.K. (2013) The combined controls of land use legacy and earthworm activity on soil organic matter chemistry and particle association during afforestation. Organic Geochemistry 58, 56-68.
- Johnston, C.T. , Premachandra, G.S., Szabo, T., Lok, J., and Schoonheydt, R.A. (2011) Interaction of Biological Molecules with Clay Minerals: A Combined Spectroscopic and Sorption Study of Lysozyme on Saponite. Langmuir 28, 611-619.
- Johnston, C.T. (2010) Probing the nanoscale architecture of clay minerals. Journal of Fine Particle Science 45(3), 245-279. doi:10.1180/claymin.2010.045.3.245.