Dr. David Minton
Curriculum Vitae / Google Scholar
Associated Websites: Personal Website, Planetary Science
- Ph.D. Planetary Sciences, The University of Arizona, 2009
- B.S. Aerospace Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2003
Orbital dynamics, Planet formation, Planet migration, the Late Heavy Bombardment, Dynamics and structure of small bodies.
- 2011 - Present Purdue University, Assistant Professor
- 2009-2011 Southwest Research Institute, Boulder, CO - Research Scientist
Selected Publications - Google Scholar Page for a complete list of publications
- Hesselbrock, A.J. and D.A. Minton (2017) An ongoing satellite-ring cycle of Mars and the origins of Phobos and Deimos. Nature Geoscience. In Press.
- Hirabayashi, T., D.A. Minton, and C.I. Fassett (2017) An analytical model of crater count equilibrium. Icarus, 289:134-143.
- Johnson, B.C., K.J. Walsh, D.A. Minton, A.N. Krot, H.F. Levison (2016) Timing of the formation and migration of giant planets as constrained by CB chondrites. Science Advances. 2(12), e1601658-e1601658.
- Johnson, B.C., G.S. Collins, D.A. Minton, T. BowlingB.M. Simonson, and M.T. Zuber (2016) Spherule Layers, Crater Scaling Laws, and the Population of Ancient Terrestrial Impactors. Icarus, 271:350-359.
- Steckloff, J.K. B.C. Johnson, T. Bowling, H.J. Melosh, D.A. Minton, C.M. Lisse, and K. Battams (2015). Dynamic sublimation pressure and the catastrophic breakup of Comet ISON. Icarus, 258:430-437.
- Minton, D.A., J.E Richardson, and C.I. Fassett (2015) Re-examining the main asteroid belt as the primary source of lunar highlands craters. Icarus, 247 (0):172-190
- Johnson, B.C., D.A. Minton, H.J. Melosh, M. Zuber (2015) Impact jetting as the origin of chondrules. Nature, 517:339-341
- Minton, D.A. and H. Levison (2014) Planetesimal-driven migration of terrestrial planet embryos. Icarus, 232 (0):118-132
- Fassett, C. and D.A Minton (2013) Impact Bombardment of the Terrestrial Planets and the Early History of the Solar System. Nature Geoscience, 6 (7):520-5
- Yue Z., B.C. Johnson, D.A. Minton, H.J. Melosh, K. Di, W. Hu, and Y. Liu (2013) Projectile remnants in central peaks of lunar impact craters. Nature Geoscience, 5 (6):435-437
- Bottke, W.F., D. Vokrouhlick´y, D. Minton, D. Nesvorn´y, A. Morbidelli, R. Brasser, B. Simonson, and H. Levison. (2012) An Archean Heavy Bombardment From a Destabilized Extension of the Asteroid Belt. Nature, 485 (7396):78-81.
- Minton, D.A. and R. Malhotra (2011) Secular resonance sweeping of the main asteroid belt during planet migration. ApJ, 732:53.
- Minton, D.A. and R. Malhotra (2010) Dynamical erosion of the asteroid belt. Icarus, 207:744--757
- Minton, D.A. and R. Malhotra (2009) A record of planet migration in the main asteroid belt. Nature, 457:1109--1111.
- Malhotra, R. and D.A. Minton (2008) Prospects for the Habitability of OGLE-2006-BLG-109L. ApJ, 683:L67--L70.
- Minton, D.A. (2008) The topographic limits of gravitationally bound, rotating sand piles. Icarus, 195:698--704.
- Minton, D.A. and R. Malhotra. (2007) Assessing the massive young Sun hypothesis to solve the warm young Earth puzzle. ApJ, 660:1700--1706.