Dr. Hersh Gilbert
- Ph.D. - Geophysics, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2001
- BA - Washington University in St. Louis, 1996
Subduction, mountain building, upper mantle structure, seismology, crustal deformation, continental growth, Sierra Nevada evolution
- 2006-Present Purdue University, Assistant Professor
- 2002-2006 University of Arizona, Postdoctoral Research Associate
- 2001-2002 University of Colorado at Boulder, Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Gilbert, H., C. Jones, T. J. Owens, and G. Zandt, Imaging Sierra Nevada Lithospheric Sinking, Eos, 88, 225-229, 2007.
- Gilbert, H., A. A. Velasco, and G. Zandt, Preservation of Proterozoic terrane boundaries within the Colorado Plateau and implications for its tectonic evolution, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 258, 237-248, 2007.
- Gilbert, H. , S. Beck, and G. Zandt, Lithospheric and upper mantle structure of central Chile and Argentina, Geophys. J. Int., 165, 383-398, doi:10.1111/j.1365-246X.2006.02867, 2006.
- Frassetto, A., H. Gilbert, G. Zandt , S. Beck , and Matthew J. Fouch, Support of high elevation in the southern Basin and Range based on the composition and architecture of the crust in the Basin and Range and Colorado Plateau, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, In Press, 2006.
- Calkins, J. A., G. Zandt, H. J. Gilbert, and S. L. Beck, Crustal images from San Juan, Argentina, obtained using high frequency local
- event receiver functions, Geophysical Research Letters, 33, L07309,
- doi:10.1029/2005GL025516, 2006.
- Zandt, G., H. Gilbert, T. J. Owens, M. Ducea, J. Saleeby, and C. H.
- Jones, Active foundering of a continental arc root beneath the southern Sierra Nevada in California, Nature, 431, 41-46, 2004.
- Gilbert, H. J., and A. F. Sheehan, Images of crustal variations in the intermountain west, J. Geophys. Res., 109,B03306, doi:10.1029/2003JB002730, 2004.
- Gilbert, H. J., A. F. Sheehan, K. G. Dueker, and P. Molnar, Receiver functions in the western United States, with implications for upper mantle structure and dynamics, J. Geophys. Res., 108(B5), 2229, doi:10.1029/2001JB001194, 2003.
- Gilbert, H. J., et al., Upper mantle discontinuity structure in the region of the Tonga Subductuon Zone, Geophysical Research Letters, 28, 1855-1858, 2001.