Graduate Student Funding
Recipients of graduate appointments receive stipends for a one-half time appointment and are exempted from university fees and tuition, except for a small charge for medical service and for use of the Recreational Gymnasium. Graduate teaching and research assistantships, scholarships and fellowships are available. Most EAPS graduate students are funded through Fellowships, Research Assistantships, or Teaching Assistantships. There is no separate form needed to apply for any of these assistantships. You are automatically considered for funding when you apply.
Office of the Vice Provost for Research
If you are looking for resources inside the University or through external sponsors--the Office of the Vice Provost for Research (VPR) is here to assist you.
The Graduate School
From fellowships to assistantships, the Graduate School offers many opportunities, resources, and strategies to assist graduate students in obtaining funding.
Center for Instructional Excellence
College of Science
Support for research is obtained through University fellowships and through research grants and contracts awarded by the following:
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Science Foundation
- Office of Naval Research
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Department of Energy
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- United States Geological Survey
- Department of Education
- Office of Water Resources Research
- Purdue Research Foundation
- Chevron Geosciences Company
- Indiana Department of Transportation